Tuesday, July 27, 2010

More Schermerhorn Recovery Photos

Alan Valentine is giving a presentation to the Nashville Downtown Partnership tomorrow, and I've been asked to put together a photo slideshow to be shown during his talk. I already had access to some of photographer Alan Poizner's dramatic shots from the video we created, but I hadn't been inside the Schermerhorn since the flood. Yesterday afternoon I took my camera, grabbed a hardhat and went down to the basement and subbasement of the building to capture the images below. While my photos certainly don't do it justice, I was awestruck and how complex these areas of the building are. At times I felt like I was on the set of Aliens with massive electrical cables and huge temporary air ducts protruding everywhere. Have a look for yourself:



Created with Admarket's flickrSLiDR.

To view comments for this post, please click the post title

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Administrative and Box Office address: Schermerhorn Symphony Center, One Symphony Place, Nashville, TN 37201-2031
General Phone Number: 615.687.6500 | Box Office Phone Numbers: General Orders: 615.687.6400 | Season Ticket Holder Phone: 615.687.6401
©2010 The Nashville Symphony AssociationAll Rights Reserved.Designed by Lynch2Powered by eRube